toolbar builder Bazo's Jist: DMX Says He's Through With Drugs

Sunday 16 October 2011

DMX Says He's Through With Drugs


DMX's long battle with cocaine addiction has coincided with some of the lowest points of his career, including multiple stints in jail. But now the veteran rapper says he's kicked the habit and has finally gone clean and sober.

X says after his most recent release from jail last July, there were people in his life who didn't have his best interests in mind.

"Everyone was taking advantage of me with my finances, trying to put me in the direction to fail," he said. "I have 10 kids. I have to drive them in the right direction, so I let the cocaine go."

A drug free DMX rocked the stage with his old running buddy Swizz Beatz at the 2011 BET Hip Hop Awards on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment