toolbar builder Bazo's Jist: Amber Rose Talks About Her New Single “Fame,” How It Compares To Kimmy Cakes’ “Jam” And How She And Wiz Spent Their Anniversary

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Amber Rose Talks About Her New Single “Fame,” How It Compares To Kimmy Cakes’ “Jam” And How She And Wiz Spent Their Anniversary

Amber Rose

Amber Rose has officially embarked on her music career, having released her first single “Fame” featuring Wiz Khalifa just this morning. Amber spoke about her latest venture as well as loving Wiz and giving up cigarettes.



Amber Rose friends

On The Release Of “FAME”:
I’m super excited. I’m like Wow. I’ve been writing music for a long time and I just, I don’t know, I guess cuz I’m kind of quiet, I never thought I’d take that step to be an artist. But I just embraced it.

The song is obviously about fame and I’m putting it out for my fans, so they can feel everything I’m saying in it. It’s very appropriate for my life. K Quick and Fresh produced it, two producers out of Brooklyn, they’re really dope. I don’t want to give too much away. I want everyone to be excited to hear it.




On Giving Up Smoking Menthols For Singing:
I haven’t smoked Newports in a long time, I moved down to Marlboro Menthol lights and then I stopped completely. As soon as I stopped, like a week later I noticed a difference in my voice pretty much immediately.


On Her Family And Friends’ Reaction To Her New Career:
They’re never surprised when it comes to me. I kinda just do what I feel, I don’t live my life for anybody but me. I just gotta do what I feel is right. I showed Wiz the stuff I wrote and he was like “Wow babe, you’re really dope, you should pursue this.” He inspires me. I got in the studio, this is all independent, i do everything myself. It’s working out. It’s dope, it’s really dope. I don’t have a bunch of yes people around me. When I record a song and I let people listen to it, they’ll tell me the honest truth. They’ll help me out and they’ll be like maybe if you try this, or try that. When Wiz comes in the studio to support me he helps me out, I help him in the studio. We help each other, like family, it’s cute.


On How She And Wiz Celebrated Their Anniversary Last Weekend 
We went back and did our first date all over again. It was really really cute. It’s not like he called me and was like okay I’m picking you up for dinner at 8′o’clock. We were just hanging out, we were friends at the time. We went to Mel’s Diner in Hollywood and we had turkey burgers and we were just talking getting to know each other and that’s actually when we fell in love. So we went back and had turkey burgers and he was making me cry because he was telling me how much he loved me. It was nothing over the top, just a day with my baby.

Amber Rose Master of the Mix premiere

On What We Can Expect From The “Fame” Video:
As I’m making a song I have the visual for it in my head. I’m very artistic and creative. My music is fun, it’s young, it’s positive, it’s gonna be fun videos to go along with it.

On How “Fame” Compares To Kim Kardashian’s “Jam”:
Aw man, come on man. I mean, you know, I know what I’m about to say and I know what the headline of the story is gonna be after I say it, but I mean yeah, it is. My single is dope. It’s not any comparison to anybody’s music, this is my shit, this is what I’m doing and I stick behind it and everybody on my team sticks behind it and Wiz sticks behind it. We’re just excited about it, we’re not in competition with nobody.

On The Hoopla Over Her Judging “Master Of The Mix”
People don’t understand that DJ’s don’t usually DJ for other DJ’s. They DJ for regular people that are at a party. I’m coming from that perspective. I’m the party-goer, I’m the one that’s actually critiquing your music and if I had a good time, I’m representing for the crowd.

On What’s Next For Amber Rose:
This music I’m taking very seriously. I’m in the studio constantly, I always have new ideas. My phone is ringing off the hook with people who want to collaborate with me already and my single isn’t even out yet. I’m designing with Member’s Only. I’m doing collaborations, designing sunglasses. I’m doing clothes, jewelry, fragrances. I’m dipping my hands in everything I’m passionate about. There’s no rush though. I like to take my time with doing things and just get it right.

Listen to “Fame” below:



No comments:

Post a Comment