toolbar builder Bazo's Jist: Paul Scholes comes out of retirement to rejoin Man Utd

Sunday 8 January 2012

Paul Scholes comes out of retirement to rejoin Man Utd



Midfielder Paul Scholes rejoins Manchester United until the end of the season after coming out of retirement to help the Red Devils

Manchester-United-Paul-Scholes cropped

Paul Scholes will be on the bench for Manchester United’s FA Cup third-round clash with Manchester City after coming out of retirement to play for the Red Devils until the end of the season.

The 37-year-old hung up his boots at the end of last season and has been coaching at United but has returned to help ease Sir Alex Ferguson’s injury crisis.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “It’s fantastic that Paul has made this decision. It’s always sad to see great players end their careers, but especially so when they do it early. But he has kept himself in great shape and I always felt that he had another season in him. It’s terrific to have him back.”

Paul Scholes added: “I’ve been pretty clear since I stopped playing that I miss it. I’m delighted the manager feels I can still make a contribution to the team and I’m looking forward to playing my part in trying to bring more success to this great club.”

No comments:

Post a Comment